Friday, August 12, 2005

 

Pre-show music

Anticipatory anxiety. But as mother says, "The idea of a thing is worse than the thing itself."
I've been trying to figure out why I'm going, what I'm going for. Auntie Miriam says "If we're going to have a war, then I want it to be front page every day."
I asked myself if one woman whose son has died is allowed to demand that the President of the USA to talk to her. Especially after she's already had a chance and what she said was "Thank you."
But actually, I think yeah, a single person does have the right to talk to the President. Even if she didn't vote for him. Even if she's had a change of heart since the last time he saw her.
A) He's supposed to be working for all of us
B) Changing your mind is not a sign of weakness. Or of evil.
So I'll go to Crawford and , if I get the chance, ask my President to change his mind about the presence of ground troops in Iraq. Before he starts sending them to Iran.

Comments:
Good luck Jenny!
remeber to throw flowers at Georgie's SUV
Be the flower child you've always said you are.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Add Your 2 Cents

Click the comment button
at the bottom of any post
and a comment window appears.

If you want us to have your
contact info, select
"other" and enter your email.
You can also comment anonymously.